Peter Trowbridge has been involved in planning, design and implementation of works of landscape architecture and site development for over thirty years. His innovative professional methods and techniques include the use of best environmental practices, "green" technologies and forward looking strategies. He brings these strategies into the classroom, influencing the next generation of teachers and practitioners.
Landscape restoration, plant establishment, restoration of brownfield site and site design.
Outreach and Extension Focus
Working with urban communities in New York State, specifically related to green space development. In addition, working with communities that require professional help with high priority projects.
In the area of landscape restoration, my long-term teaching has focused upon wind mitigation, plant establishment, brownfield sites and the monitoring of freshwater wetlands.
My teaching focuses upon professional acticities such as site construction, stormwater management and best environmental practices.
Studio teaching engages students in real sites with real clients to emulate practices activities and conditions.
Awards and Honors
- 25 Most Admired Faculty (2016) Design Intelligence
- 25 Most Admired Educators (2013) Dessign Intelligence
- Outstanding Administrator (2013) Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
Presentations and Activities
- The Art and Science of Designing the Farm to Table Landscape. November 2014. American Society of Landscape Architects. Denver, CO.
- Urban Soils Remediation and the Use of Organic Amendments. Conference of Educators in Landscape Architecture. March 2014. CELA. Baltimore, MD.